Please read the pod for details.
- Add extended expression support without impact on speed
<TMPL_IF EXPR="item ne 'pizza' && price != 0.99">
I got <TMPL_VAR NAME="item"> for
<TMPL_VAR "price * count + 0.5"> dollars.
gee, free pizza!
- Clean up global_vars implementation
- Add a new way to access outside variables without global_vars
This is a normal variable: <TMPL_VAR NAME="NORMAL">.<P>
Use it inside the loop: <TMPL_VAR NAME="::NORMAL"><P>
- TMPL_VAR can now have a default value
<TMPL_VAR NAME="PARAMETER_NAME" DEFAULT="default value">
- Add TMPL_DEF tag for defining new parameters with default values. They can be used by designers to pass
parameters back to your script, for example, in a loop.
<TMPL_DEF NAME="NAME" VALUE="value">
- Add __counter__ and __count__ to loops
<TMPL_VAR NAME="__counter__">-th record in the loop
with <TMPL_VAR NAME="__count__"> records.
- Add 'ESCAPE=SQL' to TMPL_VARs and 'escape=' global options
- Extended expressions are tagged with their MD5s, to make them suitable for saving in XML format.
- Add register_function() to link a given function name to a subrountine.
- Add scalar_cache option for caching to a scalar ref which can be stored and
fetched from a DB.
- Add TMPL_ELSIF, based on a patch by Mathew Robertson <email@example.com>.