I have moved to San Jose State University. Here is my new webpage.
Department of Mathematics
Duke University, PO Box 90320
Durham, NC 27708-0320
Office: 222 Physics Bldg.
Phone: (919) 660-2878
Fax: (919) 660-2821
Teaching Research Publications
I have been a Visiting Assistant Professor at Duke Mathematics department, since August 2009.
I work with Dr. Mauro Maggioni on novel construction of multiscale dictionaries for point-cloud data with applications to images.
I graduated with a PhD in Applied Mathematics from the University of Minnesota in July 2009.
My advisor was Dr. Gilad Lerman, and my dissertation work was on subspace clustering.
High Dimensional Data Modeling and Analysis, Manifold Learning/Multi-manifold Modeling, Sparse Representation/Dictionary Learning
- X-Ray Scatter and Phase Imaging for Explosive Detection
- Anomaly Detection in Hyperspectral Imaging via Density Estimation
- Geometric MultiResolution Analysis in Non-Euclidean Spaces
- Multiscale Dictionary Learning for Imaging Applications
- Multiscale Geometric Methods for Data Sets II: Geometric Multi-Resolution Analysis.
W.K. Allard, G. Chen and M. Maggioni. Applied and Computational Harmonic Analysis (ACHA), 32(3): 435-462.
Second place in the list of Top 25 Hottest Articles published on ACHA in 2011 full year
- Spectral Clustering based on Local Linear Approximations.
E. Arias-Castro, G. Chen and G. Lerman. Electronic Journal of Statistics, 5: 1537-1587, 2011
- Spectral Curvature Clustering (SCC).
G. Chen and G. Lerman. Int. J. Comput. Vis., 81: 317-330, 2009
- Foundations of a Multi-way Spectral Clustering Framework for Hybrid Linear Modeling.
G. Chen and G. Lerman. Found. Comput. Math., 9: 517-558, 2009
- Functional Genomics via Multiscale Analysis: Application to Gene Expression and ChIP-on-chip Data.
G. Lerman, J. McQuown, A. Blais, B. Dynlacht, G. Chen and B. Mishra. Bioinformatics, 23(3): 314-320, 2007
- A Fast Multiscale Framework for Data in High-Dimensions: Measure Estimation, Anomaly Detection, and Compressive Measurements, G. Chen, M. Iwen, S. Chin, and M. Maggioni, To appear in Visual Communications and Image Processing (VCIP), San Diego, November 2012
- Multiscale Geometric and Spectral Analysis of Plane Arrangements, G. Chen and M. Maggioni, IEEE Computer Society Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), Colorado Springs, CO, June 2011
- Multiscale Geometric Dictionaries for Point-Cloud Data, G. Chen, and M. Maggioni, The 9th International Conference on Sampling Theory and Applications (SampTA), Singapore, May 2011
- Data Representation and Exploration with Geometric Wavelets, E. Monson, G. Chen, R. Brady, and M. Maggioni, IEEE Symposium on Visual Analytics Science and Technology (VAST), Salt Lake City, UT, 2010
- Multiscale Geometric Wavelets for the Analysis of Point Clouds, G. Chen and M. Maggioni, The 44th Annual Conference on Information Sciences and Systems (CISS), Princeton, NJ, 2010
- Kernel Spectral Curvature Clustering (KSCC), G. Chen, S. Atev and G. Lerman, The 4th ICCV International Workshop on Dynamical Vision, Kyoto, Japan, 2009 (best paper award)
- Motion Segmentation for Hopkins155 Database via SCC, G. Chen and G. Lerman, The 4th ICCV International Workshop on Dynamical Vision, Kyoto, Japan, 2009
- Some Recent Advances in the Geometric Analysis of Point Clouds in High Dimensions, G. Chen, A.V. Little, M. Maggioni and L. Rosasco, in Wavelets and Multiscale Analysis: Theory and Applications, March 2011, Springer
- Multi-Resolution Geometric Analysis for Data in High Dimensions, G. Chen, A.V. Little, and M. Maggioni, in Excursions in Harmonic Analysis, Springer, New York
- Multiscale Analysis for Muon-Scattering Data, G. Chen, G. Lerman and R. Chartrand, Technical Report LA-UR 06-7504 (2006), Los Alamos National Laboratory
Last updated on 10/26/2012.